xsl-list

[xsl] Rusty at XSLT, need help ("Oil can!, Oil can!")

2010-04-26 16:06:52
I used to haunt this list when I was writing XSLT every day, but it's been a
few years now, and I feel like the Tin Woodsman when caught in the rain. I am
rusty and I need an application of the oil can.

I am trying to extract the text from particular elements in an Excel workbook
which has been saved to XML format. The structure, in short, is this:

<Workbook>
  <DocumentProperties/>
  <ExcelWorkbook/>
   <Worksheet>
      <Names/>
        <Table>
           <Column/>
           <Row>
              <Cell/>
              <Cell/>
              <Cell>
                 <Data>Randolph</Data>
                 <NamedCell/>
              </Cell>
           </Row>
        </Table>
         <WorksheetOptions/>
   </Worksheet>
</Workbook>

There is at least one <Worksheet> Element.

So here I am thinking, "This should be easy. Start with selecting the text of
the first cell in the first row on the first worksheet."

So I use this XSLT:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
                xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet">

                <xsl:template match="/">
                        <xsl:value-of
select="Workbook/Worksheet[1]/Table/Row[3]/Data" />
                </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

thinking that the output will be "Randolph" because I can see  that in the
source document . But no, the only output I get is the XML document declaration!

Please someone have pity on a fallen-away XSLT programmer trying to be in the
good graces of the W3C.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
--