xsl-list

Re: [xsl] generate-id() explanation

2010-05-24 12:02:04
Thanks for the response.

And now, Panic button! I have to solve this today. Please let me know
how I can achieve this.

My XML input is a nested list as shown below. I need to generate a
unique id on each of the list1, list2 and list3 elements in one
transform. Per your explanation, using generate-id() could result in
the same id on both the <list2> elements.

So what can I do to ensure that a seperate id is generated for every
<list2>, <list3> <list1> element in one file? It cannot be repeated
for any of them?

<list1>
 <list2>

<list3>