xsl-list

Re: [xsl] ASPX generation

2010-06-15 00:33:49
What's the recommended way of ASPX page generation?
I'd recommend avoiding it.

However, if you must generate it :-) your main architectural
decision is, at what point you move out of XML.

Method (2)

Generate ASPX using XSLT and disable-output-escaping to get < and > into
the output, e.g. by writing templates with names like
  aspx-make-declaration
that puts <% ... %> around its input, and
  aspx-make-content
that generates <asp:Content> .... </asp:Content> maybe by calling
  aspx-make-element
that in turn takes an "element name" (asp:Content), a list of
attributes, ID="Simon", etc., and the element content.

What I've lately found is that the "disable-output-escaping" is deprecated
feature according to xslt 2.0, and that the character maps are recomended
substitution. Unfortunately I have no free character to reserve for this
purpose, as it might appear in other contexts.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com/