xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [XSLT 1.0] Avenues for content to enter and exit an XSLT transform?

2010-08-09 15:03:27
Hi,

xsl:result-document seems to have been forgotten in the list of output channels.

Lets not forget all external function calls, for both input and output.

Cheers,
ac

3. The XML content obtained using the<xsl:input>  and<xsl:include>  elements.\
I have never seen<xsl:input>  in any XSLT specification. What is this?

Are there any other avenues for content to enter an XSLT transform?
Any documents or document-fragments passed into global<xsl:param>  elements.

in XPath 2.0:

fn:doc()
fn:collection()
fn:unparsed-text()

If these can be considered "content:

fn:current-dateTime()
fn:current-date()
fn:current-time()

In XSLT 2.1:

unparsed-text-lines()

There are several avenues for content to exit an XSLT transform:

1. The output document that is specified when the XSLT processor is invoked.

2. The content that is output using extension functions, such as saxon:output
and xalan:write.

Are there any other avenues for content to exit an XSLT transform?

This question is incorrect. I think what you're asking is:

    "Are there any other ways for an XSLT transformation to produce
useful results?"

And the answer is yes:

the output of any<xsl:message>  instruction.

the parameters that the transformation passes to any called extension
function. Some time ago I had the occasion to write a transformation
that didn't produce any output, but was calling extension function and
passing to them the useful results of the transformation.

If this can be considered "content":
the side effects of calling any extension function.

/Roger

--~--