xsl-list

Re: [xsl] ePub XSLT out there?

2010-08-10 02:19:40
Thank you very much to everyone who contributed in suggestions relating to
creating an packaging ePub with XSLT

Key points made was that ePub is really just XHTML markup in a tricky directory
structure, zipped and renamed (by the way, is there a single English word to
say "renamed" but just indicating the extension e.g. "re-extensioned")

References of note was:
EXPath http://expath.org ZIP module
and
http://code.google.com/p/tei2html/

The overall complexity of creating an ePub file from XML will deter novice
users.

I was hoping to find all the bits in one place to create and zip the ePub
compound file without having to look under the bonnet and understand all
intricacies of the ePub specification. I know that not everyone agrees, but I
am certain that with a bit of clever thinking one can create a toolset that
will take XSL-FO to ePub. There are some fundamental differences, but they are
overrated and this should provide a "good enough" solution to most problems.

If I get around creating a nice and simple XSLT scaffold for any simple XML,
then I will share it with the forum.

Kind regards,
Jacobus