xsl-list

[xsl] yet another namespace question (unwanted xmlns="")

2010-08-15 08:43:08
Dear XSL List,

Move the  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; to the xsl:stylesheet element.
Currently
you have it inside of a template so that it only applies to the elements
created in that template.

Thanks very much to Martin and Michael for the quick response and the
explanation. I now realize that I've been putting namespace declarations in the
wrong place all my life (well, all the life of the namespace spec, anyway),
thinking that because I want them to appear on the root element of my result
document  I should put them there in the stylesheet, instead of putting them on
the root element of the stylesheet itself and letting them get copied to the
root of the result. As a bonus, for the first time exclude-result-prefixes now
seems to do what I've always wanted it to do.

Best,

David
djbpitt(_at_)pitt(_dot_)edu