xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Client-side XSLT and Javascript events

2010-10-14 04:52:52
David Carlisle wrote:

Michael Kay wrote:

I've got a client-side XSLT system driven by <?xml-stylesheet?>
processing instructions contained in the XML being rendered.

I want to run some Javascript on the page as soon as the
transformation is complete (to change the size of various objects
based on the size of the rendered page, which is available in
Javascript but isn't known to the XSLT at the time the HTML is
being generated). Any ideas how? Is there some event that I can tie
this to?

Can't you just stick the javascript into a <script> element inserted
at the end of the <body> of the generated file. (I'd suggest instead
using onload event but I'm not sure if that is fired consistently by
browsers as the generated document (rather than teh original source)
is loaded.

More specifically, the advice is to use onload() in the generated
document, not the source document.  I prefer to avoid onload(), but
couldn't figure anything else out for this situation.

-Eric