xsl-list

RE: [xsl] How to remove unnecessary "xmlns:xx" attributes?

2010-11-10 11:05:38
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:53 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] How to remove unnecessary "xmlns:xx" attributes?

On 09/11/2010 18:58, KARR, DAVID (ATTSI) wrote:
I currently have an ad hoc Soap client framework that uses JAXB to
marshal a Soap request.  This generates a "minimal" Soap envelope,
in
that it contains a "xmlns:xx" attribute for every "xx" that is
actually
referenced in the request.

Then stop generating them...

How you stop generating them depends on where they are coming from.
Generally it's likely that they are either copied from the source
document or from the stylesheet. If they are copied from the
stylesheet,
use exclude-result-prefixes. If they are copied from the source
document, try copy-namespaces="no" on xsl:copy or xsl:copy-of,
assuming
you are using XSLT 2.0.

If that doesn't work, show us your code.

The Soap envelope is generated by the JAX-WS implementation in Apache
CXF.  It's not generated by a stylesheet.

I asked this question to see if I could build a tool that would "clean
up" the noisy envelope for easier inspection by humans.