xsl-list

[xsl] xslt test automation

2010-11-24 10:03:22

I'm wondering how you test your xslt stylesheets.

I've found a few projects addressing this, for example:
http://xspec.googlecode.com/
http://utf-x.sourceforge.net/

But most of these tools seem to be abandoned or their mailing list low traffic. I wonder why that may be: Isn't it very common to develop an xslt and then refactor it? Wouldn't a test suite help in this situation? How about test driven development?

The limitations I found with xspec is:
- You can only set style sheet parameters once for a test suite. So if you want to run a number of tests that mostly manipulate style sheet parameters, you'd have to put each of the tests in its own suite. Or you'd have to slightly change your xslt (http://code.google.com/p/xspec/wiki/WritingScenarios#Global_Parameters) - test for call-template and also provide an xml fragment: http://groups.google.com/group/xspec-users/browse_thread/thread/17b9ebef6033ef76

Thank you
Bernhard

-----
Neu fuer Seh- und Lesebehinderte: Zeitschriften online hoeren
und herunterladen. http://www.sbs.ch/zeitschriftendownload