xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Novice Question - matching entire text children

2010-12-20 07:35:17

On 20.12.2010 14:09, David Lee wrote:
XSLT 2.0
I have a problem (probably my own misuse of XSLT) but I run into cases where

<xsl:template  match="NODE/text()">
…
</xsl:template>

can match more then once in a row.   I have not debugged this yet to
determine if something more complex is really the culprit (probably is),
and the text nodes matched seem to be whitespace  " \n\t .."

Maybe the '\n\t' nodes you are seeing in the output stem from whitespace in the source. See the note before http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#id-in-data-model : You might have thought that it is ignorable whitespace, but maybe your XML parser thought differently about that? And then these WS nodes are being sent to the output because of the built-in template rule for text nodes: http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#built-in-rule Just an idea, but difficult to judge without a working example of input, stylesheet and expected output (as Martin already pointed out, there might be a mismatch between NODE and ELEM, so it's some guessing and extrapolation is already needed to identify the actual issue).

-Gerrit