xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Avoiding boneheaded mistakes in XSLT?

2010-12-30 11:31:59
On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 05:27:31PM +0000, Dave Pawson scripsit:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:08:39 -0500
Graydon <graydon(_at_)marost(_dot_)ca> wrote:
"Let's scan the transform and see what might be wrong with it" to my
mind belongs in a distinct application, much like lint for C back in
the day, if it's needed at all.  I think nearly all of the kinds of
errors you're talking about can be addressed better by programming
style.

Yep. Those errors that originate between our ears.
Lint seldom catches them.

btw, the only error I've asked to catch is an xpath resulting
in an empty sequence. Hardly "all the errors I'm talking about"?

There's a lot of ways to get an empty sequence, aren't there?

And sometimes you want one. ("If we have an attribute FOO, its value
goes here" being the simplest case; sometimes FOO is empty. Maybe you
have to preserve that.)

Restricted case or not, I'm pretty sure it's still a requirement for
cleverness.

-- Graydon