xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Referencing previous contexts in xpath/Xsl

2011-01-04 08:51:10
Clint Redwood wrote:

Hi,

Apologies if this is an obvious question, but I haven't found an
answer by googling.

I'm trying to construct and xpath for a select attribute in Xsl. What
I have is something like this

Select="x[$a/*[name=current()/@b]]"

Which doesn't work as current() is referring to the context item that
is the parent of x, rather than what I want which is to refer to x
from within the second level []s.

Is this possible in xpath?

You can refer to the context item in which the whole select is evaluated with
current(). You can refer to the item to which the predicate is applied with '.'
but in a nested predicate there is no way to refer to intermediate levels
AFAIK. So you will probably have to rewrite the whole construct in which this
is used. Please give a bit more of the context. And also specify which XSLT
version.
--
Piet van Oostrum
Cochabamba. URL: http://pietvanoostrum.com/