xsl-list

[xsl] Do some elements contain strings from other elements?

2011-01-27 09:12:39

I have what appears a simple compare() problem.

I have the following XML.
<XML>
            <SplitNameList>
                        <SplitName>
                                    <GivenName>ANDREW</GivenName>
                                    <FamilyName>SMITH</FamilyName>
                        </SplitName>
                        <SplitName>
                                    <GivenName>DONALD</GivenName>
                                    <FamilyName>DUCK</FamilyName>
                        </SplitName>
            </SplitNameList>
            <FulNameList>
                        <FullName>DAVID JONES</FullName>
                        <FullName>ANDREW J SMITH</FullName>
                        <FullName>JOHN SMITH</FullName>
            </FulNameList>
</XML>

I need to know if any of the Family Names match in the two lists. Either of
these two lists could be quite long and this is in the middle of a load of
logic. All I need here is a True/False. It doesn’t have to be an exact match
just as long as it matches the FamilyName.

Sadly I am restricted to XSL 1

I started trying to use the Muenchian method but was sure I was missing
something simple.

William Charlton
The yMonda team
yMonda Limited