xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Do some elements contain strings from other elements?

2011-01-27 09:43:29

From: Martin Honnen [mailto:Martin(_dot_)Honnen(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de]
Sent: 27 January 2011 15:26
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Do some elements contain strings from other elements?

                         </SplitName>
             </SplitNameList>
             <FulNameList>
                         <FullName>DAVID JONES</FullName>
                         <FullName>ANDREW J SMITH</FullName>
                         <FullName>JOHN SMITH</FullName>
             </FulNameList>
</XML>

I need to know if any of the Family Names match in the two lists. Either of
these two lists could be quite long and this is in the middle of a load of
logic. All I need here is a True/False. It doesn’t have to be an exact match
just as long as it matches the FamilyName.

   <xsl:template match="SplitNameList">
     <xsl:variable name="test">
       <xsl:for-each select="SplitName/FamilyName">
         <xsl:value-of
select="boolean(/XML/FulNameList/FullName[contains(., current())])"/>
       </xsl:for-each>
     </xsl:variable>
     <xsl:if test="contains($test, 'true')">..</xsl:if>
   </xsl:template>

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/