xsl-list

Re: [xsl] 1st previous node()

2011-02-08 02:59:09
On 08/02/2011 08:19, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
Solved it!
2 different templates, one template with:

     <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

The other not.  This was changing my element id's.  Now they match as
expected.  And I suppose that is expected?

By "template" do you perhaps mean "stylesheet"?

If you transform the same document twice with different stylesheets, or even with the same stylesheet, there is no guarantee you will get the same results back from generate-id(). They may be closely related (for example Saxon's implementation of generate-id() concatenates a document number with a node number; the node number will be the same in different transformations, while the document number may be different) - but there are no guarantees.

Michael Kay
Saxonica