xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT3 XPATH3 Books?

2011-03-04 21:15:18
At 2011-03-04 00:59 -0500, ac wrote:
Hi Michael,

Are you planning to re-edit/publish your XSLT and XPath book(s) for v3?
if so, do you have an approximate time frame?

Thank you.

Regards,
Andre

I'm planning to continue publishing new editions of my XSLT/XPath book that I sell as a PDF download, and as usual all new editions are available at no charge to existing book customers.

  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
  (XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
  Fourteenth Edition - 2011-02-11 - ISBN 978-1-894049-24-5
  Copyright (c) 2011 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/  (books & free excerpts)
  / 552 Pages / Subscription price includes no-charge updates, /
  /           / soft-copy of included examples, and an         /
  /           / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.    /
  /           / No-charge 179-page download preview excerpt.   /

Those who purchased the paper edition licensed by Prentice Hall do not have access to free updates.

Just last month I published the 14th edition of the PDF book, so purchasers of the first XSLT/XPath 1.0 edition have had 13 free updates since then that now encompass all of XSLT/XPath 2.0. They will likewise get free updates of all future editions including XSLT/XPath 3.0 and beyond, as I get around to publishing new editions. There is no schedule to new editions, so I can't promise when the V3.0 edition will be published.

In fact, I've received a number of rejected email messages after sending out the update notices last month to registered users. If those of you reading this have bought a copy of the book and have not received your free-update notice for the 14th edition, please let me know and I'll send you the details and update my customer record for future editions.

p.s. US Government employees worldwide have no-charge access to a prepaid copy of this book and our XSL-FO book:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/world.htm#usgov

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com