xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Processing two documents, which order?

2011-04-08 02:17:25
On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:52:23 -0700
Tony Nassar <tnassar(_at_)palantir(_dot_)com> wrote:

Is there any reason to use a regex for *static* keywords from the
shorter list? Wouldn't you simply hash that using xsl:key, then use
the key() function to determine whether regex-group(1) is a key?

I need to avoid marking up the word followed by other content.
Hence the need to use regex

Presumably you'd lower-case everything, etc. In fact, putting all the
keywords in a regex is likely to work badly. I don't know if a regex
engine is going to optimize an "or" with 300 words in it...it's
probably going to assume that you wouldn't be using a regex to check
for equality with 1 of 300 words!

Which is why I hadn't considered that approach.

--

regards

--
Dave Pawson