xsl-list

[xsl] Error message saying doc is not well formed, solved!

2011-05-04 14:01:34
Hi, all...

Thx for your responses.

First, a plug for the Oxygen XSLT stylesheet debugger, without which I may not
have ever found this.

Turns out that when I took this stylesheet out of system A and plugged it into
system B, it caused templates to be run out of order. It had a match attribute
that was the same as the match attribute of a system B template that should
have been run first. Instead, the template in this stylesheet ran first,
skipping all the code that writes out the enclosing <html> and <body> tags.

My plan is to attach a mode to the template in this stylesheet so I can have
better control over when it runs.

If anyone has a suggestion for a better way to control when this template runs,
I'd be glad to hear it. (Want to still use <apply-templates>, not
call-template.)

Thanks again.

Steve