xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Setting graphic alignments in two column page layout xsl fo

2011-05-30 03:18:33
On Sat, May 28, 2011 10:05 pm, Claudia Smith wrote:
I have a two column layout and I want to set my (small) graphics in a
way so that whenever my page includes a graphic, the text flows on the
left column and the graphic always go on right column.

It's not clear whether you always have two columns of text except when
there's a small graphic or whether there's one column of text and the
small graphics are in the margin.

Try <fo:float float="right"> [1][2] to put the graphic in the margin.

For my larger graphics, I have to span both the columns but always set
it to the bottom of the page.

As defined, fo:float only floats to the top ("before") or to the side.

It is a requirement for XSL FO 2.0 to be able to float to the top or
bottom [3], but that's not going to help you this week, I know.

If you aren't already also producing footnotes, you may be able to fake
the appearance of a bottom float using an fo:footnote with an empty
fo:inline for its footnote marker.

Regards

Tony Graham                                   tgraham(_at_)mentea(_dot_)net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_float
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#float
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20-req/#N66046
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_footnote