xsl-list

Re: [xsl] php xslt transformation problem

2011-07-04 20:51:36
On 07/04/2011 08:23 PM, Birnbaum, David J wrote:
I seem to have hit a blind spot with PHP (5.3) XSLT transformation
and I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right
direction. The relevant part of my php (including some temporary
print diagnostics) is:

What XSLT engine are you actually using?  My understanding is that PHP
uses libxslt natively, and when I try to process your sample files with
xsltproc, it tells me:

XPath error : Invalid expression
@entryDate ne realDate/date
           ^
compilation error: file http://menology.obdurodon.org/xsl/readFile.xsl
line 23 element if

If you have XSLT 2.0 constructs, you’ll need a different XSLT engine.
If you are using an XSLT 2.0 engine, then never mind, the problem lies
elsewhere...

~Chris
“Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable
 than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they
 are accustomed.” — Thomas Jefferson