xsl-list

[xsl] php xslt transformation problem

2011-07-05 07:46:07
Dear xsl-list,

What XSLT engine are you actually using?  My understanding
is that PHP uses libxslt natively ...

Are you sure Saxon is being used? If you didn't do anything
special to make Saxon be used you'll get libxml, with a
1998-vintage XSLT 1.0 -- it's all very quaint really.

Thanks to those who responded so quickly to my report about problems running an
xslt transformation from inside php. The source of the problem appears to be
excessive user optimism: it had never occurred to me that in the second decade
of the twenty-first century the internal xslt support in php would be limited
to xslt 1.0! I'll fall back on running a Saxon transformation explicitly and
give up on the native php (non-)support.

Thanks again,

David