xsl-list

Re: [xsl] text replacement with mixed content

2011-08-31 03:41:04
On 30 August 2011 20:35, Geert Bormans
<geert(_at_)gbormans(_dot_)telenet(_dot_)be> wrote:
Hi all,

thanks for reading this.

I have an interesting task.

All through a document I need to replace each occurrence of "my foo" with
"<replaced>your bar</replaced>"
But the texts contain mixed content tags, so I might as well find "my
well

Note that the I need to keep the tags balanced, so I must not end up with

I have some algorithms in mind, but I am not happy with any of them.
So I thought I might as well ask here, hoping one of you can come up with
something really elegant

the replacement tags are pulled out of another document,
so as a bonus, the text to be replaced could be "my.foo", requiring me
likely to build correct regexes automatically

This isn't a trivial task, so you may or may not get someone to give
you a working solution for free.....

One way to tackle this is to:

- tokenize the search string into individual words

- mark up those individual works in the document

- identify sequences of that markup

- replace the sequences with the replacement markup

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com