xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Displaying Icon in Page Margin

2011-09-15 14:43:19
You could insert a preprocess step to add the ghost cells to the source
table as part of base FO-generating XSLT--no need to do it with a separate
XSLT. Where the table gets passed to the template that generates the FO
table, just do:

<xsl:variable name="hackedTable" as="element()">
 <xsl:apply-templates mode="hackTable" select="."/>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:apply-templates select="hackedTable"/>

Or you could override the row-generation template and add the zero-size FO
table cell there.

But if you're using XEP, I think the "modify the XEP intermediate file"
approach suggested by Kevin on the DITA User's list might be the easier and
more reliable solution, unfortunately.

It seems little like a bug in the FO spec that side floats apply to the
nearest containing reference area and not to the containing flow's reference
area (e.g., xsl-region-body). I can't think of a case where I'd want the
side float anchored in a table to be relative to the table cell's reference
area and not to the overall flow's reference area.

Cheers,

Eliot