xsl-list

Re: [xsl] RE: Seperating Heading from Content

2011-11-08 11:27:16
Dear Ken,

Well in this case I'm glad I raised the question, since to introduce a solution of (a) insert the marker followed directly by (b) insert another marker to provide for a blank where it appears is considerably more sophisticated (if you don't mind my saying) than the canonical application of markers, which (as you know) provides them as a mechanism for repeated appearances of content within static-content, such as dictionary head words etc.

It's also a very sneaky workaround (not in a bad way) to what would arguably be the more normal (and more generalizable) approach, namely a new page sequence for the new section -- even if in this case, Toon may (as you say) have to get down with for-each-group[@group-starting-with] to get around missing a proper 'div' wrapper.

Then too, if he doesn't already know how to make page sequences with conditional page masters (including conditional-page-master-reference[@page-position='first']), he'll probably want to eventually. So it doesn't do any harm to know that's an alternative now.

Just my $0.02. :-)

Cheers,
Wendell