xsl-list

Re: [xsl] analyze-string help?

2012-06-10 13:04:49
ah, yeah that's it ;-)

At 09:04 AM 6/10/2012, you wrote:
> thanks, I had thought there might be a need to escape the dash, but
> when I first placed it in the pattern I thought it worked. I think
> maybe it worked because I had it at the end of the pattern and then
> later added additional characters. So I think I went from
>   [A-Za-z0-9 -]
> to this
>   [A-Za-z0-9 -,./]

It was accidental? And here I thought it was a clever way to catch
gnarly characters. The hyphen in the 2nd regexp means "from space
(U+0020) to comma (U+002C)", i.e. expresses a range that matches the
same characters
matches. Many of these characters are a pain to type into an XSLT
regexp, and thus a range like this seemed like a nice way to catch
them.

--~--

Danny Vint

Panoramic Photography