xsl-list

Re: [xsl] analyze-string help?

2012-06-11 11:17:36
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 09:43:42PM +0100, Michael Kay scripsit:
In my ideal world the syntax would evolve so you could constrain the
categories -- "\p{Pd except '-'}", "any character that is some kind
of dash except for U+002D "hyphen-minus", for example -- since that
would make this even more useful for functions that take regular
expressions such as tokenize().

XPath regular expressions allow a subtraction operator within a
character class:

[\p{Lu}-[IO]]

allows any upper case letter except I or O.

Don't know whether to be embarrassed I missed that or delighted it
exists.

Thanks, Michael!

--
Graydon Saunders        XML tools and processes for information delivery.
graydon(_at_)marost(_dot_)ca