xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Call java function to do background work

2012-06-12 10:38:20
Hi Ming,
I would return a pass/fail result from the Java, if you care what happens if
the database is offline or your database manipulation otherwise fails.
Then you can use an <xsl:if> to wrap your call, and do something useful if it
fails - like stop right now and report.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Ming Yu [mailto:my600080(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:08 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Call java function to do background work

Sorry if this is a very simple question but I couldn't seem to come up with a
neat solution.

During xslt transformation, I need to call a java function to do some
background work (such as adding some values to the database, etc). The java
function doesn't need to return anything. At this moment, I just use the
normail <xsl:value-of> tag to append to a variable. Since it doesn't return
anything, the variable value stays the same.

Is there a neater to achieve this goal?

Thanks a lot!

Ming