xsl-list

Re: [xsl] RE: XSL-FO and Z-index

2012-09-21 06:57:52
At 2012-09-21 09:36 +0200, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
The second alternative of hiding the last rows of the table under the
following container, which Ken helped me with, is attractive, but at
the moment I have it only working, if the following container is the
footer of the page.

I suggested you put the entire content of title page into a single clipped block-container, rather than try to mix the block-container as a sibling with other constructs on the title page.

There is a another table before that footer, that is the last handful
of table rows in our table must hide under that other table, and I
have the feeling that in order to do that I need to use Z-index, which
as far as I know (?) is not yet supported in Apache FOP, at least I
don't have it working yet.

No, z-index is available *only* on a block-container and on change bars, nowhere else, and then only between coincident constructs. You cannot rely on the z-index of a block-container interacting with other constructs on the page, nor can you use z-index to control the layering of perimeter regions. That property has a very limited scope.

I hope this helps.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com