xsl-list

Re: [xsl] RE: XSL-FO and Z-index

2012-09-24 02:47:20
Kevin Brown wrote:

We have customers formatting 2,000,000 two page documents (like your phone
bill) for a monthly run, to be completed in a four hours. Add one tenth of
one second 2,000,000 times and you have added 55 hours of processing time
and would require four additional machines to complete formatting in the
time needed.

If an image of an empty row used as background image, and
background-repeat="repeat-y", can be that helpful, I'm a little curios
of what other image hacks we have in xsl-fo, considering that most
tables don't have many empty rows.

Is the backgound image hack and similar "image" hacks something that
we can only use in a very small percentage of use cases, or do we have
such speed optimization techniques available for almost any table?

Cheers
Jesper Tverskov
http://www.xmlplease.com