xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Schema issue - enumerations - off topic apology

2012-10-06 12:00:56
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Andrew Welch
<andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
The instance has the following

    <propertyDetails>
         <status>Available</status>
         <propertyType>Industrial</propertyType>
         <propertySubType>General Industrial</propertySubType>
    </propertyDetails>

My schema validation fails with this message

cvc-enumeration (I-valid: Value 'General' is not facet-valid with respect
to enumeration '[Cold Store, Data Centre, Design and Build,
Distribution Warehouse, General Industrial, High Bay Warehouse, etc
.....]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.

It has failed to recognise that General Industrial is a valid value
and instead failed the validation on the word General.

It looks like some sort of problem with enumerations that contain whitespace.

Are you sure you don't have a
<propertySubType>General</propertySubType> elsewhere in your xml?

If not, post a small complete runnable example demonstrating the problem.

I have seen the problem. It something I worried about at the time and
sure enough it has come back to bite me.

PropertySubType is actually defined like this

<xsd:element name="propertySubType" type="PropertySubTypeList" />
<xsd:simpleType name="PropertySubTypeList">
       <xsd:list itemType="PropertySubType"/>
 </xsd:simpleType>

So it looks like you can't use lists on enumeration facets that
contain whitespace because it will validate each token.