xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Is there any xslt 2.0 processor that implements sticky d-o-e

2013-02-15 11:05:47
On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 15:49 +0100, bryan rasmussen wrote:
Well parse-xml using saxon says it is a
 Unknown system function parse-xml()

I believe that Saxon has saxon:parse() as an extension.
An example where it's sometimes wanted is in processing RSS feeds.

Nesting one complete XML document inside another isn't really covered in
XML - neither is nesting HTML inside XML.  CDATA sections don't nest,
and the XML declaration is an error inside the body of a document, as is
<!DOCTYPE...>.

Bryan - I do urge you to note that XSLT is a tree processing language:
it doesn't operate on tags but on element trees.  Maybe ig you explained
what you're trying to do at a higher level?

Liam