xsl-list

[xsl] Re: Getting info of runtime failure in saxon environment

2013-02-27 03:25:21
Thanks Wendell. To answer your quesions, para wise:
(A) They will use browser for basic well-formedness and this is not an issue.
But the requirement is to identify where the problem lies within xml.

(B) Yes, this is the issue, to get better feedback. They get the input XML from
oracle. Some internal oracle function does the data extraction and forms the
XML. A unix based cron job does this overnight (i don't have much info but can
get if needed). After that that input (which may not be WELL-FORMED) is
supposed to go thru transformation in xsl-saxon (on unix) and here the failure
won't five that much clue.

What I do know is that at times the data comes with some "chars" that makes the
XML not well formed. I have asked them whether they can do some basic
cleaning(?) during the data extraction within oracle function. This seems to be
the best wayto me, but at the same time would like to know the possibilities of:
 (1) if saxon failure can give some additional info that "line num so on so" is
incorrect ot whatever, along with the error msg it gets. This I understand is
not possible from your prev reply. So.. [OR]
 (2) okay after seeing the failure, they open that in some tools(?, currently
it is browser) which points them  "line num so on so" is incorrect so that they
open it in notepad++ sort of text editor and look into that to fix!!. so

(C) Pls can you recommend some lightweight XML editors that they can use / try
to detect the error in xml in the above scenario?

Thanks,
Karl