xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Cannot write more than one result document to the same URI

2013-04-04 21:36:37
At 06:52 PM 4/4/2013, you wrote:
It isn't a problem with the implementation, it is a formal aspect of the specification as cited above.

I figured it probably was, I guess I'm also asking why you would want to turn off the capability when it is safe? I know I've completed writing to that file, so why is there a problem - other than some where in developing the spec someone came up with a rule. I can live with the rule, just would like to understand the logic.

Could you simply check back to make sure you haven't already created the file?

   <xsl:if test="not(preceding::*[@conref=current()/@conref])">
     <xsl:result-document href=.......

So, for every unique conref attribute you'll get only a single invocation of <xsl:result-document>.

When I originally posted the question it was to answer the why and also get some help in trying to track down where the problem was. I thought my original situation was as I first posted in which I was writing 2 different file names. I hadn't found the one file in the 3000 that was really causing the problem which was my follow up post in which I had 2 references to the same section and was thus writing the same file twice for that one topic file. I also knew that There were several other files with exactly the same combination of references. I needed to make sure I had a single file for all those references as we will be maintaining these going forward.

Complicating the matter was that I was running within Kernow and it was handling the logic to walk through the directory structure and process the files. Its log output doesn't always align with the last file processed. So based upon files that were around my error in the list I was finding my initial situation and couldn't understand why it was complaining - I had two unique names.

I hope this helps.

It does, thanks everyone. I know the what now, even though I don't understand why the rule exists ;-)

..dan
Danny Vint

Panoramic Photography
http://www.dvint.com