xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Cannot write more than one result document to the same URI

2013-04-05 10:06:49
At 2013-04-04 20:22 -0700, Dan Vint wrote:
Thanks, I can see that argument. but now you open a can of worms for me. So say your template for b just writes output to the standard result tree (not separate files). Why doesn't the same argument for parallelism apply there?

It is sitting in memory waiting to be rearranged.

Probably answering my own question here, I'm guessing the difference is writing to a file more or less serially vs writing to a tree. The processor can write to multiple locations in the tree and keep track of where multiple b outputs should be created, but not as well supported writing to a file from multiple sources (unless your willing to live with jumbled results in the file).

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Good luck in your project!

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ |
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com

Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about |
Legal business disclaimers:    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |