xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Chrome/blink developers discussing removing XSLT support

2013-04-25 18:23:15
"Tony Graham" wrote:

There's obviously more than a little distance between those two
positions, but how would you positively influence them towards our
position?

After years of watching every issue I care about get decided the other
way by the browser vendors, I'd have to say I doubt positive influence
is possible on XSLT.  If XSLT survives as a Web technology, it'll be as
a plugin, a la Flash.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Feb/0060.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Feb/0075.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Feb/0077.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Feb/0089.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Feb/0104.html

That's called "tilting at windmills," but props to anyone else who
wants to try.

-Eric