xsl-list

[xsl] Equal rights for xsl:next-match & co

2013-05-17 10:20:42
It would seem that xsl:next-match and xsl:apply-imports are of the
same genre as xsl;apply-templates in that they all result in XSLT
going off to search for a template rule to apply.

Of the trio only xsl:apply-templates accepts and processes a mode parameter.

Supposing I do xsl:next-match within a modal template rule. Why
shouldn't that restrict potential matching templates to those of the
same mode.

Are we looking at some sort of lacuna here or have I overlooked something.