xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Equal rights for xsl:next-match & co

2013-05-17 14:33:03
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Evan Lenz <evan(_at_)evanlenz(_dot_)net> wrote:
xsl:next-match and xsl:apply-imports are always applied for the current
mode, because if a rule was in a different mode it would never have matched
and so can't very well be said to be the next-matching rule.

What bugs me is that you can't call <xsl:next-match/> inside <xsl:for-each>
(because the "current template rule" is considered to be nullified).

Maybe in XSLT 3.0 they'll remove this restriction, because it would
sometimes be useful to fan out to <xsl:next-match/> via <xsl:for-each>. On
at least two occasions, I've tried to write it and then was reminded of the
restriction.

Yes I got caught with that found that out while working on this stylesheet.