xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Equal rights for xsl:next-match & co

2013-05-27 17:30:04
Evan,

It's something of a hack, but isn't this problem reasonably easily
gotten around (at least in many cases) by naming your
template-to-be-matched-next, and calling it by name? (At least if I
understand you correctly.)

Or (in some other cases) by overloading templates with more than one mode:

<xsl:template match="x[$y]">
    <xsl:variable name="this" select="."/>
    <xsl:for-each select="$sequence">
      ..
      <xsl:apply-templates select="$this" mode="next"/>
    </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="x" mode="#default next">
</xsl:template>

xsl:next-match works as well as it does, in part, because one can
determine relatively easily how things like context size and position,
parameters in scope and so forth, should work. I'm afraid that if it
were extended to work once the original context were no longer the
context, other things would commonly go awry.

(Should next-match also work within a template called by name?)

Cheers, Wendell