xsl-list

Re: [xsl] German umlaut sort

2013-06-06 09:23:20
Am 06.06.2013 um 13:27 schrieb Jean-Pierre Lamon <jpl(_at_)ngscan(_dot_)com>:

Thank you for your response (and to the others too :-)
But sorry, I don't understand : what do you mean by tool or software?
In my soft, I'm only launching a FOP cmd under Windows.
And to retrieve my list, a XSLT stylesheet with:

<xsl:for-each select="//*[@tag=$tag]|//*[@tag=$tag2]|//*[@tag=$tag3]">
      <xsl:sort select="."/>

And for the different ordering rules, your right : in my case, I must use the
german swiss ordering sort, which is not the same as the german one. Quite
simple :-) I don't know how to manage this issue with XSL. Maybe any idea for
a workaround?

JP,

As far as I know FOP is not doing the XSL transformation itself, so you use a
certain XSLT processor to do this. E.g. Saxon relies on the collations (sorting
rules) available in Java resp. .NET when sorting. And based on this it is
possible to take advantage of advanced sorting features.

In http://saxonica.com/documentation/html/extensibility/collation.html I find
the description how Saxon handles a collation attribute like in

<xsl:sort select="." collation="http://saxon.sf.net/collation?lang=de-CH"; />

This assumes, that de-CH is a known locale for the environment Saxon uses at
the moment.

Other tools may have other options (or not). So if you share which tool you use
for XSLT processing (and if you use XSLT > v.1 or not), we may be able to help
you.

- Michael

--
Michael Müller-Hillebrand