xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to check an element's type against an XSD simpleType and skip that element if it does not conform to the simpleType?

2013-07-16 04:32:24
On 16 July 2013 10:15, Costello, Roger L. <costello(_at_)mitre(_dot_)org> wrote:
You can use input-type-annotations="strip" so that your input tree
has no type information (and thus won't be constrained by the schema).

Thanks Ken. That's really good to know. Okay, I added that to the top of my
XSLT program. I still get the same error. Below is my current XSLT program.
Any suggestions?  /Roger

Hi Roger,

You are trying to process invalid xml, so you can't validate the
source and still process it.

Then you are trying to check if an element in the source is valid
against the xsd - sort of validation on the fly - I don't think that's
possible in XSLT 2.0.

There may well be a 3.0 way..... I don't know one off the top of my head though.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com