xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to check an element's type against an XSD simpleType and skip that element if it does not conform to the simpleType?

2013-07-16 07:58:16

But **bk:ISBN-type** is a simpleType defined in the XML Schema; so I have to
import the XML Schema:

   <xsl:import-schema namespace="http://www.books.org";
       schema-location="BookStore.xsd"/>

But then I am back to the problem of the XSLT processor insisting on
validating all of my XML document.

There might be some XSLT processors that assume that if you import a schema
then you want to validate every input document, but there's nothing in the spec
to say that, and certainly in Saxon importing a schema and using it for input
validation are quite orthogonal.

Michael Kay
Saxonica