xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL-FO to PDF conversion speed

2013-09-29 17:24:14
On Sun, September 29, 2013 11:46 am, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
We are talking about only two pages of PDF output. I must admit that
those two pages contain a hell of a lot of complex tables. Is that the
problem?

Possibly.  FOP only supports fixed table layout, so it's not going to be
the case that FOP is spending a lot of time trying to optimise the column
widths based on the content.

Is there any way to speed up to XSL-FO to PDF step?

1)      Would a commercial FO-processor help me out?

Possibly, but it's a bit hard to tell from your description.

xmlroff is faster, but it implements less than FOP.

2)      Is there any tutorial around for how to optimize the FO
conversion speed?

None that I know of.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham(_at_)mentea(_dot_)net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming
       Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C

[1] https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html