xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Using Saxon 2.0 with FOP, XEP, Antenna House

2013-10-16 06:08:56
Hi Michael

I'm not sure that I understand your answer.

When I make my XSLT+FO transformation at the command line:

MSXML+Antenna House = 1.3s
Saxon 9n + Antenna House = 5s
Saxon 9j + Antenna House = 2.5s

The above figures are a little hard to understand considering that the
XSLT step only takes a fraction of the FO step. Somehow AH must be
optimized to use MSXML at the command line. I don't know if it is
possible to overwin the "Java VM startup" problem as long as I have to
use the command line interface of AH?

Can I conclude that if I want to use an XSLT 2.0 processor, and if
speed matters, one must use the .Net or Java interface of AH or of
other FO processors? I can just as well forget about the command line
interface?

Regards
Jesper Tverskov

http://www.xmlplease.com

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>