xsl-list

[xsl] FO: make some content grey…

2013-10-30 11:56:29
Dear FO professionals,

In PDF documents we require to show to the reader if certain content is already
approved – so they may skip it when reviewing the document. We had a long
discussion if it would be better to somehow mark the relevant (= not approved)
parts or better mark the approved parts. Also the content may contain images
and tables with shaded rows, which should also be marked.

As change bars are already used to mark changed content we were looking for
another solution: All approved content should have reduced contrast, as if a
white rectangle with 50% opacity was put on top. Everything, whether it is text
or graphics or shading will be reduced to half the original contrast (assuming
white background/paper).

I know that some formatters (like Antennahouse, which we use) support SVG
graphics and I already have seen it being used with transparency/opacity, but
this would require knowledge about the area to be changed, wouldn’t it?

Can you suggest a way to handle this?

Thanks for all your valuable hints,

- Michael

--