xsl-list

[xsl] re:[xsl] xsl 2.0?

2013-11-04 09:55:29
From: Tony Graham <tgraham(_at_)mentea(_dot_)net>

It's one of those things where the answer if different for different
people.  I've had more approaches for XSL-FO work in the last 18 months
than in any similar period previously, so, yes, it's working for many
people,

I suspect (and maybe you can confirm this Tony) that the reason you are
seeing an uptick in work is due to companies moving away from the
traditional publishing (FrameMaker, MS-Word) and moving more into
XML-based authoring environments such as DocBook and DITA. That being
said, those of us in that business find ourselves having to reach out
more and more to programmers and consultants to do things we use to do
ourselves, so there certainly is a level of frustration in our business
we haven't had in quite some time. I for one keep looking at more
traditional CSS options only because, as mentioned here, finding
somebody who has css experience is easier and a lot of times you have
that experience within a company. However, with the exception of
MadCap's Flare product, which we're not using (not sure what engine they
licensed, but it uses CSS) nearly all the PDF publishing systems are
using XSLT/XSL-FO for building PDFs.

-Wayne