xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Data science, data analytics using XSLT streaming

2013-11-05 04:26:59
XSLT streaming is all about processing large amounts of (XML-formatted) data.

So XSLT streaming should fit in the "data science" and "data analytics"
categories.

Broad Question: Would you provide a scenario/example of doing data
science/data analytics using XSLT streaming please?

Typically the data is held in multiple files rather than 1 big one, so
you don't necessarily need streaming, just a set of steps that process
directories of xml into various intermediate formats, then into the
final presentation view (such as a table with the data grouped,
sorted, with counts)

I've done this sort of thing a few times now and I always enjoy it.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com