xsl-list

[xsl] Fitting content to a box in FO

2013-11-13 03:27:51
Morning,

I have a question. Is there a way to state in XSL-FO “here is a block of text
(and possibly images), scale it to this maximum size?” The background is that
I’m looking to add better printing to the code I use to generate slides for
presentations. The slides are originally HTML and fill a single “page” - the
screen. I want to print those out 3 or 4 to a page. Given that I know the size
of the page I can work out exactly how large the ‘box’ for each slide should
be. However, I want to make sure that the slide doesn’t overflow the box. I
don’t really care that much if content is shrunk to fit, I just want to make
sure it fits the box.

Is that possible in XSL?

cheers

nic
--
Corbas Consulting / @CorbasLtd
Digital Publishing Consultancy and Training