xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon/C - Saxon for the C/C++ and PHP platforms

2013-11-29 08:01:29
On Fri, November 29, 2013 11:52 am, Michael Kay wrote:
Thanks for this useful data.

Only partially useful, I'm afraid.  IME, as you look through the
code.ohloh.net (nee koders.com) results, you eventually get to the point
where it's made a 'match' by finding parts of the search term in different
places in the one file, so the results are more useful for relative
popularity than for absolute numbers.

I'm a little sceptical about the virtues of being 90%, or even 99%,
compatible with another API. If you can't achieve 100%, you're going to

Implementing the full API was only ever at the bottom of my list [14].

So perhaps some kind of adapter or bridge module that translates common
cases might be a better approach than attempting to emulate libxslt2
interfaces natively.