xsl-list

Re: [xsl] General rule for designing XPath expressions to return items in document order?

2014-01-10 06:49:22
On 10/01/2014 12:01, Michael Kay wrote:
b) Unlike //head, //text() is "striding" - the nodes it selects are
non-overlapping (because text nodes never overlap). So absorption
operations like data(), string(), and <xsl:value-of> are allowed.

This is all going to keep this list active for ever:-)

It remains to be seen I think how far just having a naive mental model
of the kind of things that ought to work in a streaming context will
lead to expressions that are in fact defined to be streaming in the spec
(or are streaming in the implementations). It's an impressive bit of
analysis/specification in any case, I love the terminology:-)

David