xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Preserving inline DTD

2014-01-27 17:35:54
On 14-01-27 03:33 PM, David Carlisle wrote:
On 27/01/2014 23:26, Piotr Fusik wrote:
Hello,

How do I make xsltproc preserve the DTD that is in the input XML ?

Unless it has a non-standard extension (which I don't recall is the
case) then this is not possible. Standard XSLT can not do this as the
DTD is expanded out by the XML parser and not reported to XSLT which
just sees a tree of element text and attribute nodes.

Couldn't the XSLT re-read the source document as text, using the document() function, and recover the DTD section with string manipulation?

Cheers,
Martin

David